Friday, November 11, 2011

My Mama is coming.....




and to say the least....I'm a tad bit excited about it!!!

My mom, by the way, didn't she look fetching in her Dorothy Hamill inspired Bob?
She's always been on with the trends with regards to her hairstyles....

well...except for the time....I believe it was 1992.....a disastrous event that occurred at salon, with a very....shall we say innnterresstting....name, that would have been better suited for an Adult toy Shop, than a hair salon....you would have thought that might be a clue.....

My poor mother went in that fateful afternoon a brunette....and emerged....Bozo the Clown....or maybe they were going for a street walker look.....either way...it was a Flaming red mega disaster....and to me and my sister....quite funny....

To say the least, her new hair color lasted about as long as the salon did....

but, my mom was a good sport, and even now will laugh about the infamous "G-spot" episode.....it's one of the many traits about her that I admire so much...

Growing up, I thought my mom was the smartest, the prettiest, the most stylish....though there were "the Sweat pant years".....but I chalk that up to a momentary reverse mid-life crisis.....

In many ways I still feel that way about my mom.....I admire her intelligence, her independence, her ability to speak her mind......and her ability to laugh....

I think I'm looking forward to hearing her laughter most.....

I find as I am raising my own two children...how many times I end up saying or doing something, that....in essence is my mother.....

I guess, you can call that a wonderful legacy, if your children unconsciously pass on the knowledge and wisdom to their children, that you showered onto them....

Though I hope my kids don't pick up some of my traits.....like my propensity to live in chaos.....the fact that I procrastinate, and fly by the seat of my pants......all traits by the way that I did NOT get from my mom......




Hmm....it does looks like she did pass on her good hair sense though....look who else is sporting the Dorothy Hamill Bob?

1 comments:

McKenna said...

I used to look like Dorothy Hamill too and my mom once had her hair died burgundy-purplish and then decided to come pick me up from middle school, I was mortified!
Love your blog, so glad you stopped by for my SITS day so that I could find you.